COVID-19 Cases Detected in FSM
On July 19th, 2022, the Government of the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) became aware of multiple cases of COVID-19 in the communities of the State of Kosrae and the State of Pohnpei.
1. In the State of Pohnpei, the FSM Government is aware of seven (7) cases of COVID-19. The FSM Government requests for all residents as below.
– to avoid public gatherings as much as practicable
– to wear a facemask at all times
– to get vaccinated if not done so already
– to visit the Pohnpei State Hospital if one has any flu-like symptoms.
2. To the knowledge of the FSM Government, all public services will remain open. The public is urged to remain calm.
3. In the State of Kosrae, the FSM Government is advised that between July 16th and 17th several influenza-like-illnesses were showing up in the community. A medical team investigated, and upon going to a household of eleven (11) persons and testing them all determined that ten (10) of them were positive. Twenty-eight (28) people showed up at the Kosrae Hospital’s out-patient area. Of this group, twenty-five (25) were positive for COVID-19.
4. A repatriation flight to Kosrae State on Monday, July 18th, brought in one (1) passenger to Kosrae from Guam and three (3) from Pohnpei. Of these four persons, two (2) of them from Pohnpei State were found to be positive upon arrival into Kosrae.
5. This is a rapidly evolving situation and the information within this release should be assumed to be out of date upon its publication.
6. It is the intention of the FSM Government to meet with all State Governments and external partners at 9:00am, Pohnpei Time, on July 20th, 2022, to determine next steps.
For the latest FSM COVID-19 Update, please refer to the below website.